The Petrine Office
Barque of Peter
The World is a flood of confusion. Only one Boat that can sail safely through. The sail is Jesus. It’s pilot is Peter. It’s rudder, the Word of God. It is the Catholic Church. “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life” (John 14:6)
Follow the Lord and you will be led out of darkness, for He is the light. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light. (Psalm 36:9) But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a consecrated nation, a people set apart to sing the praises of God who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. (1 Peter 2:9)
“ … the barque of the Church is not mine but [Christ’s], nor does the Lord let it sink; it is he who guides it, surely also through those whom he has chosen, because he so wished. This has been, and is, a certainty which nothing can shake. ”
– Pope Benedict XVI, last General Audience, February 27th, 2013; Vatican.va
Fratelli Tutti (The third encyclical of Pope Francis) As the Parish of Saint Peter, Surry Hills supports the person and teachings of his successors who, as Bishops of Rome, hold the Petrine office.
Covid Archdiocesan/Parish Regulations
- No person who is unwell should come onto the parish property. (Archbishop Fisher’s dispensation from the Sunday Mass obligation remains in place indefinitely.)
- A distance of 4 square metres per person is to be maintained inside all parish buildings, including when queuing to receive Holy Communion.
- A distance of 1.5 metres between persons is to be maintained outdoors everywhere on the parish property
- Those persons entering the church who have registered their contact details with the parish are to sign against their name.
- Those who have not already registered their contact details with the parish, are to write their name and contact details and sign their name against those same details.
- AFTER signing in, all persons entering the church are to use the hand sanitizer placed on the sign-in table.
- Please observe the “where to sit” signs on each pew.
- There is no need to sign-out.
Thank you everyone for your co-operation and patience during these abnormal times.